Candied Brown Sugar Jalapeno Bacon is a simple recipe that adds some sweet heat to everyone's favorite food: bacon! This easy recipe makes a spicy bacon in the oven that is the perfect addition to any brunch or big game party!
There is never a bad time to enjoy bacon and football season is the perfect time to make this Jalapeno Bacon! The bacon can be enjoyed as a snack stick or in a bloody mary.
This recipe was inspired by a few other jalapeno and bacon recipes like these Oven Baked Jalapeno Poppers. The jalapeno peppers and bacon in this recipe make these poppers the perfect snack! This Jalapeno Popcorn with Parmesan Cheese gives simple stovetop popcorn a blast of fiery heat!
Brown Sugar Candied Jalapeno Bacon Details
Flavor: Sweet and spicy! The brown sugar adds a sweet layer to the salty bacon while the jalapeno adds the heat. The bacon is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy with the spice level only being at a low to medium heat.
Time: 40 minutes total. That includes 5 minutes of prep time and 35 minutes of bake time.
Level of Difficulty: This Jalapeno Bacon is super simple to make!
Only 5 pantry staple ingredients are required to make this delicious treat!
- Light Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper
- Bacon: I suggest using a thick cut bacon. You will need less than a pound of bacon. I normally get around 10 slices on a rack.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Place tin foil on a rimmed baking sheet. Place a wire cooling rack on top of the tin foil. Set aside.
- Mix brown sugar and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour mixture onto a large rimmed plate.
- Place each slice of bacon into the mixture. Press down so that the sugar adheres. Flip bacon over and repeat so that brown sugar is on both sides of the bacon. Place bacon on the wire rack in a single layer. Be careful not to overlap the bacon. I can normally fit around 10 strips of bacon on one rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven. Flip each piece of bacon over. Sprinkle jalapeno pieces on top of bacon. Drizzle with a little honey on each bacon slice.
- Place pan back into the oven and cook for 15 more minutes until the desired level of crispy bacon is achieved. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the bacon.
- Allow bacon to cool before serving.
Mix light brown sugar and black pepper. Place in a shallow dish and dredge bacon through adhering brown sugar to both slides of the bacon slice.
Place bacon slices on a wire rack in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip bacon over.
Sprinkle diced jalapenos on top of bacon and drizzle with honey. Return baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes until bacon is crispy.
For a less spicy version, use pickled jalapenos instead of regular jalapenos.
To make the Ultimate Candied Bacon, double the amount of brown sugar in the recipe.
For more flavors, mix some additional spices such as garlic powder, paprika or red chili pepper to the brown sugar mix.
Only kitchen staples are needed in this recipe!
- Rimmed Cookie Sheet
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Tin Foil
- Small to Medium Bowl
- Large Plate or Shallow Dish
If you are lucky enough to have any of this Honey Jalapeno Bacon left over, store it refrigerated in an airtight container. This bacon is delicious eaten cold. Or, reheat the bacon on a warm pan or in the oven. Be careful not to cook too long as bacon is already crispy.
Leave the diced jalapenos off a few of the bacon pieces so that everyone can enjoy the candied bacon. Also, be very careful when removing the bacon from the oven. Bacon grease will accumulate in the bottom of the pan and it is very hot. Handle carefully and dispose of excess grease when it has cooled.
Serve Jalapeno Bacon as snack sticks. Trust me, this bacon is so good that it can be enjoyed on its own and it is a great addition to a snack table. Or, serve it in a Spicy Bloody Mary drink. You can also enjoy this candied bacon with eggs, on bacon melts with cheddar cheese or on your favorite sandwich or wrap!
Candied Jalapeno Bacon lasts up to 4-5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow bacon to cool completely to room temperature before placing in container or large ziplock bag. This will help to prevent the bacon from sticking together.
Pig candy is another word for Candied Bacon! In this recipe, we made a spicy pig candy!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Candied Jalapeno Bacon:
Candied Brown Sugar Jalapeño Bacon (Oven Baked)
- Rimmed Cookie Sheet
- Wire Baking Rack
- Small Bowl
- Large Plate
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 10 slices Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1 Jalapeño Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tin foil on rimmed baking sheet and wire cooling rack on top.
- Mix brown sugar and black sugar in a small bowl. Pour onto a large plate.
- Dip both sides of bacon strips into brown sugar mixture. Press brown sugar to bacon. Place on cooling rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip bacon. Sprinkle bacon with jalapenos and drizzle with honey.
- Place bacon back in the oven. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until desired crispiness is achieved.