Crispy Old Bay Wings are your perfect gameday appetizer! Baked, not fried, these wings have a little spice and a lot of flavor!
Looking for another simple gameday treat? Try this Veggie Naan Bread Pizza with Pesto! This versatile appetizer comes together in less than 20 minutes and is a crowd pleaser! Or this Smokey Mexican Bean Dip. Grab some chips and you will be all set for gameday!
Who is ready for the Super Bowl?! I love watching sports. Football Saturdays and Sundays are a big deal in my house. I enjoy watching the games, but, even more so, I love eating the food. Gameday food is the best food. Can I have an AMEN?! These Crispy Old Bay Wings are sure to be your new go to football food.
More often than not, football food is greasy and loaded with cheese and sauces. Not exactly what you want to be eating one month into New Years resolutions.
Enter in these Crispy Old Bay Wings! These wings are better than takeout and, I promise you, will fly off the plate. I am guilty of eating at least a pound of wings myself while testing these bad boys!
Crispy Old Bay Wings Ingredients
This ingredient list will tell you just how SIMPLE this football food is to make!
- Wings- you can either purchase pre-cut wings or cut them yourself.
- Olive Oil Spray- here is the spray container that I use all the time!
- Old Bay seasoning
Crispy Old Bay Wings Details
- Level of difficulty- easy! The level of involvement is minimal. Just toss, bake and eat.
- Time to cook- 55 minutes total. That includes 10 minutes of prep time and 45 minutes of bake time. Have a beer while they bake!
- Flavor- Old Bay! If you have never had Old Bay, it is a staple seasoning in Maryland. While the exact ingredients have not been revealed, it is a mix of celery salt, paprika, red pepper and black pepper. It is good on everything! If you don't have Old Bay near you or don't like the flavor (who are you?), use your favorite seasoning.
Let's Get Cookin'!
Start by preheating your oven to 415 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add wings to a large mixing bowl. Spray wings with olive oil. Using your hands, toss olive oil with wings.
Add 1 ½ tablespoons Old Bay seasoning to wings. Using your hands, mix the seasoning into wings.
Place individual wings on baking sheet about an inch apart from one another. You do not want the wings to touch. Use the extra ½ tablespoon of Old Bay to add seasoning to any wings that may not be coated.
Bake for 45 minutes. You do not need to flip the wings. Just sit back and relax!
The bake time for these wings are based on medium sized chicken wings. I purchase my wings from Butcherbox. If you have larger wings, you may need to adjust the bake time. I would check them at 45 minutes and then continue to check every 3-5 minutes. You want the wings to be crispy not burnt.
Crispy Old Bay Wing Accompaniments
To keep with the healthy trend, I like to serve these wings with carrots and celery. For a dip, I use my 'Lightened Up' Ranch Dip (another easy recipe!).
Looking for more Game Day food?
If you make these Crispy Old Bay wings, be sure to leave a comment or share @delmarvaliciousdishes! Happy Superbowl Party!
Crispy Old Bay Wings
- 2 lb Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil Spray
- 2 tablespoon Old Bay (divided)
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add wings to a large mixing bowl. Spray with olive oil and mix together using your hands.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ tablespoons Old Bay seasoning onto wings. Using your hands, mix seasoning into wings.
- Place wings onto baking sheet spaced 1 inch apart.
- Use additional ½ tablespoon Old Bay to sprinkle onto any wings that are lacking seasoning.
- Bake wings for 45 minutes. Do not turn wings over. Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- Serve with your favorite dip!