Mini Margarita Cheesecake Bites are the perfect, make ahead dessert! These margarita cheesecake bites are quick and easy to make and pack a tangy flavor punch with tequila and key lime!
For the ultimate margarita flavor, pair these cheesecake bites with a Spicy Lemon Margarita!
Mini Margarita Cheesecake Details!
Level of Difficulty: Medium! Although these are EASY to make, this is a two-step process.
Flavor: These Mini Margarita Cheesecakes have a tangy, key lime flavor. The homemade graham cracker crust is a mixture of salty and sweet. The no bake filling packs a margarita, lime flavor.
Time: 30 minutes not including freezing time.
These Cheesecake Bites are made with pantry staples. Here is what you will need to make them!
- Cream Cheese- I recommend using full fat cream cheese. Make sure that your cream cheese is softened.
- Powdered Sugar
- Butter- I recommend using unsalted butter so that you can better control the salt in the recipe.
- Greek Yogurt- I use full fat whole milk Greek yogurt for the best flavor.
- Vanilla Extract
- Margarita Mix- I like this Lite Margarita Mixer.
- Tequila- I use a Reposado Tequila. Use whatever tequila you have on hand and, most importantly, like! The alcohol will intensify the flavor.
- Graham Crackers
How to Make Mini Margarita Cheesecake Bites
Make the Homemade Graham Cracker Crusts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add mini cupcake liners to a mini cupcake pan.
Add the graham crackers to a food processor. Run food processor continuously in order to finely chop the graham crackers. The graham crackers should be crushed to a sand like consistency.
Add graham crackers to a large mixing bowl. Combine with melted butter, salt and powdered sugar. Stir to combine ingredients.
Put a tablespoon of graham cracker crust in each mini muffin hole. Using the back of a spoon, press down on the middle of the crust to make a circular indentation in each cupcake.
Bake for 5 minutes, until the outer edges of crusts begin to brown. Let crust cool in pan.
Make the Margarita Cheesecake Filling
Add cream cheese, Greek yogurt and powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together ingredients until smooth and combined. Stir in salt and vanilla. Scrape sides of bowl. Slowly stir in the margarita mix and tequila (if using).
Using a tablespoon, fill each graham cracker crust with the margarita cheesecake filling. Top with lime zest. Place in the freezer overnight before serving.
- Use softened cream cheese! Leave your cream cheese on the counter for a few hours before making these Margarita Cheesecake Bites. If the cream cheese is not soft enough, the mixture will be chunky.
- Use whole fat cream cheese and whole milk Greek yogurt. Dessert time is not the time to cut calories. The full fat gives these cheesecake bites a smooth texture and rich flavor.
- If using tequila, choose a tequila that you enjoy drinking! The same goes for the margarita mix.
Can I make these Mini Margarita Cheesecake Bites no bake?
Yes, you can make these Mini Margarita Cheesecake bites no bake! Simply purchase a pre-made graham cracker crust and turn the bites into a cheesecake pie!
Help! I don't have a mini muffin pan.
If you don't have a mini muffin pan, you could put the graham cracker crust into an 8x8 pan and bake. Note, your bake time will be longer. Place the filling in the pan, freeze and cut into Margarita Cheesecake Bars!
Alternatively, you can make this dessert truly no bake by purchasing a pre-made graham cracker crust. Simply fill the graham cracker crust with your filling, freeze and you have a Margarita Cheesecake Pie!
Is there alcohol in these Margarita Cheesecakes?
Yes, there is alcohol in these Margarita Cheesecakes. Just like a margarita, these cheesecake bites have a little tequila. While you cannot taste the tequila, the alcohol intensifies the key lime flavors.
Do I have to use alcohol in this recipe?
No, you do not have to use any alcohol for the Margarita Cheesecakes. Simply add more margarita mix in place of the tequila to keep these cheesecake bites alcohol free.
How should I store these?
You can store these cheesecake bites in the freezer. Pull them out when you are ready to serve. They hold up well in the freezer for about a week.
What toppings go with these Mini Margarita Cheesecakes?
Fresh lime zest and whipped cream make perfect toppings for these Mini Margarita Cheesecakes! You could also use lime slices and a sprinkle of the graham cracker crust.
Looking for another sweet treat?! Try this Butter Pecan Coffee Milkshake (with Cold Brew Coffee) or this Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie!
If you make these Margarita Cheesecake Bites, please leave a comment and tag @delmarvaliciousdishes!
Margarita Cheesecake Bites with a Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Mini Cupcake Pan
- 1 Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
Margarita Cheesecake Filling
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Margarita Mix
- 2 tablespoon Tequila (optional)
- Lime Zest (for topping)
Graham Cracker Crust
- 10 Graham Cracker Sheets
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter Melted (1 stick)
Mini Graham Cracker Pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add graham crackers to a large food processor. Pulse until crackers are finely crumbled.
- To a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, melted butter and salt.
- Place a tablespoon of crust into a mini muffin tin. Push in the center to make a slight indentation.
- Bake for 5 minutes until crust edges are slightly brown.
- Let cool.
Margarita Cheesecake Filling
- Cream together cream cheese, Greek yogurt and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in salt and vanilla until combined. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Slowly stir in the margarita mix and tequila (if using).
- Using a large spoon or a cookie scoop, fill each graham cracker crust with filing.
- Top with lime zest.
- Place entire tray into the freezer. Freeze overnight. Remove right before serving.