This Warm Apple Pie Latte is a delicious holiday coffee that you can make at home! This vegan latte is flavored with cinnamon, maple and reminiscent of a warm apple pie. A perfect alternative to pumpkin spice!
‘Tis the season for high calorie and expensive coffee drinks from Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. While I love a drive through coffee, I also love to make delicious lattes at home. Not only are they inexpensive, I can also control the sugars (something that we need during the holidays!). This Apple Pie Latte is a delicious holiday coffee you can make in the comfort of your home.
Need another festive holiday coffee? Try this Peppermint Mocha Latte with Peppermint Simple Syrup. It tastes like a Peppermint Pattie in a cup! Want to up your at home coffee game? Try this Peanut Butter Cold Foam (Cold Coffee Topping). Pair it with a chocolate flavored coffee and it will taste like a peanut butter cup! Need a coffee cocktail? This Kentucky Coffee with Maple Simple Syrup with bourbon is a sweet caffeinated cocktail.
Coffee Drink Details
Level of Difficulty: Simple! This latte requires brewing coffee or espresso and heating milk on the stove!
Flavor: Warm cinnamon, maple and sweet apple.
Time: You can make this Apple Pie Latte in 5 minutes. The same amount of time it takes to drive through your local coffee shop!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Coffee or Espresso: If using regular coffee, I recommend strongly brewing the coffee.
- Milk: I recommend using a non-dairy milk. If using dairy milk, the milk can curdle due to the acidity from the apple butter. I have tested this recipe with Oat Milk and Almond Milk and prefer Oat Milk. The Oat Milk is thicker and it’s consistency resembles dairy milk.
- Apple Butter: I like to purchase Apple Butter at my local farmer’s markets in the fall. Delaware locals, I purchased Apple Butter this year at Byler’s. They carry an excellent Pumpkin Butter as well!
- Maple Syrup: Use real maple syrup not pancake syrup.
- Cinnamon Stick: The cinnamon stick gives the latte the apple pie flavor.
- Maple Nut Sugar: This sugar accentuates the maple flavor. I love purchasing flavored sugars from Coffee Rendezbrew. Buy the Maple Nut Sugar here! If you can’t get Maple Nut Sugar, substitute brown sugar.
- Whipped Cream and Caramel Sauce: These toppings are optional but highly recommended!
Let’s Make a Holiday Coffee at Home!
- Start by brewing your coffee or espresso. If using coffee, brew your coffee using the ‘Strong’ setting.
- Add Oat Milk, Apple Butter, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon Stick and Maple Nut Sugar (if using) to a small pot on the stove. Turn heat to low.
- Whisk ingredients to mix. Warm milk but do not boil. Allow flavors to steep together for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Add milk to a tall glass or mixing cup.
- Using a handheld frother, froth milk for about 30 seconds until liquid is close to double in volume.
- Pour coffee into a mug. Top with milk blend.
- Add whipped cream and/or caramel sauce.
What Kind of Coffee should I use?
Most importantly, use a coffee flavor that you like. I like to use Coffee Rendezbrew’s The Jones’ Brew. This coffee is flavored with sweet cinnamon and hazelnuts. The flavors compliment the sweet apple flavors used in this Apple Pie Latte! Check out The Jone’s Brew Here!
How to Make it Iced
To make this Apple Pie Latte Iced, brew the coffee or espresso and either refrigerate or allow to come to room temperature. Warm the milk and blend in the flavors. Let milk cool. Add ice to a tall glass. Pour coffee and milk mixture over ice. Drink cold.
What is Apple Butter
Apple Butter is a very concentrated applesauce. Despite the name, apple butter does not contain butter. It is spreadable like butter and is a healthy and flavorful alternative to fattening butter.
Is Apple Butter good with Milk?
Apple Butter gives a sweet flavor to milk. However, the apple butter can cause dairy milk to curdle. I recommend using a dairy milk alternative such as Oat Milk or Almond Milk.
Is an Apple Pie Latte Vegan?
Yes, this Apple Pie Latte is vegan. Be sure to verify that you are using 100% Real Maple Syrup to keep this latte vegan.
Can I make this latte boozy?
Sure thing! Give this holiday coffee an extra kick by adding Bailey’s or an Apple Infused Vodka. If using Bailey’s, omit the Maple Nut Sugar as the liqueur will add extra sugar.
What to eat with this Apple Pie Latte?
As always, if you make this Apple Pie Latte, please leave a comment or tag @delmarvaliciousdishes on Instagram. I hope that you enjoy this holiday coffee as much as my family does!
Apple Pie Latte
- 4 oz Espresso or Strongly Brewed Coffee
- 8 oz Oat Milk
- 2 tbsp Apple Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Maple Nut Suar Optional
- Whipped Cream, Caramel Sauce for topping
- Add milk, apple butter, maple syrup and cinnamon stick to a small pot on the stove. Turn heat to low. Whisk ingredients to combine. Allow milk to warm but not boil. Let milk warm for 5 minutes.
- Add espresso or coffee to mug.
- Remove cinnamon stick from milk. Pour milk into a tall glass. Froth milk using a handheld frother.
- Pour milk on top of coffee.
- Top with whipped cream or caramel sauce.