This Refreshing Cucumber Cocktail with Mint and Lime is an easy and light drink. This cocktail is made with vodka (cucumber vodka optional) and cucumber simple syrup. It can easily be made into a mocktail to please all of your happy hour guests!
If you love easy cocktail and happy hour recipes, try my Spicy Lemon Margarita paired with these Easy Melon Caprese Skewers with Crispy Prosciutto!
Cucumber Cocktail Ingredients
- Vodka: I prefer to use regular (non-flavored vodka). Use your vodka of choice here. I used Tito's. You can use cucumber flavored vodka for a stronger cucumber flavor.
- Cucumber Simple Syrup: If you decide to use cucumber vodka, you can use regular simple syrup.
- Lime Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Lime wedges, mint leaves and cucumber peels to garnish
What is Cucumber Simple Syrup?
Cucumber Simple Syrup is simple syrup flavored with a cucumber twist! Homemade simple syrups are the easiest way to upgrade your at home cocktail game! Not only are they so easy to make, you can customize the flavor to what you like to drink! It is much less expensive to make a homemade cucumber simple syrup than it is to buy a bottle of cucumber vodka.
To make Cucumber Simple Syrup, add cucumber slices, water and sugar to a medium bowl over medium heat. Heat water and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove cucumber slices and store refrigerated in an airtight container.
If you do not want to make homemade cucumber simple syrup, use cucumber vodka in your drink! I like to use Effen Cucumber Vodka. This vodka is smooth, fruity and refreshing.
Overview: How to Make a Refreshing Cucumber Cocktail
- Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, cucumber simple syrup, lime juice and ice. Shake to combine.
- Pour into a glass over ice.
- Fill remaining glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish with mint leaves, cucumber peels and lime wedges.
How to garnish your Cucumber Cocktail?
Cucumbers make a simple, fun and delicious cocktail garnish! You can simply slice the cucumber into rounds and use on the side of the glass. Or you can get fancy and use a peeler to make a cucumber swirl or curl! I like to thinly peel my cucumber and place inside the glass. You can use the ice cubes to keep the cucumber in place until the ice starts to melt. Another option is to garnish the outside of the glass with your cucumber peel. You can arrange your cucumber in a swirl on a toothpick to make a simple fun cucumber cocktail garnish.
What if I don't want to make Cucumber Simple Syrup?
If you don't have time or don't want to make cucumber simple syrup, simply use Cucumber Vodka! This will allow you to get the refreshing cucumber taste. You can simply use regular simple syrup or omit the sweetener all together.
What can I use Cucumber Simple Syrup in?
You can use Cucumber Simple Syrup in any drink that calls for a sweetener. The cucumber simple syrup will give the drink a refreshing and sweet flavor! You could also add a teaspoon of the simple syrup to your water for added sweetness.
Can I make Cucumber Vodka at home?
Yes, you can make cucumber vodka at home! Simply slice a cucumber and place in a sealed jar of vodka. Allow to marinate for at least 24 hours. Remove the cucumber before serving.
What flavors pair with cucumber?
Watermelon, mint and basil compliment cucumber for a different flavor twist!
How do I make this Cucumber Cocktail into a mocktail?
You can make this cucumber cocktail into a cucumber mocktail simply by omitting the vodka! The bubbly sparkling water and the sweet cucumber, lime and mint flavor make this a refreshing non-alcoholic option!
Looking for more summer cocktails?
If you love this cocktail as much as I do, please leave a rating and tag @delmavaliciousdishes on Instagram!
Refreshing Cucumber Cocktail with Mint and Lime
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Cucumber Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 4 Mint Leaves
- Sparkling Water
- Lime and Cucumber to garnish
Cucumber Simple Syrup
- 1 Small Cucumber (about ½ cup slices)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Muddle mint in cocktail shaker. Add ice to cocktail shaker.
- Add cucumber simple syrup, vodka and lime juice. Shake to combine.
- Pour over ice in a glass. Use sparkling water to fill glass to brim.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and lime wedge.
Cucumber Simple Syrup
- Add cucumber slices, water and sugar to a medium bowl over medium heat.
- Allow the water to warm and the sugar to dissolve. Stir occasionally.
- Once sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.