This Butter Pecan Coffee Milkshake uses cold brew coffee to make an easy coffee milkshake at home! With just 3 simple ingredients, make a delicious sweet and caffeinated treat! This DIY coffee milkshake will rival your favorite fast food milkshake and save you some money!
Craving another cold treat? Try this Watermelon Banana Smoothie! It uses just 5 pantry staples and will have you feeling refreshed in less than 5 minutes. Need caffeine in your cold treat? Try this delicious Maple Pecan Coffee with Cold Brew or this Iced Matcha Chai Latte!
Butter Pecan Coffee Milkshake Details
Level of Difficulty: Super simple! All that you have to do is measure, pour and blend!
Flavor: This Coffee Milkshake is a sweet treat! The ice cream gives a sweet vanilla flavor with coffee undertones. Depending on the flavor of the coffee beans, your shake will take on notes of the coffee.
Time: Less than 5 minutes! And this includes time to get all of the ingredients out!
What kind of coffee should I use?
For this Butter Pecan Coffee Milkshake, I use Coffee Rendezbrew's Rehoboth Beach Blend. This medium roast has cinnamon, praline and pecan flavors that pair perfectly with the butter pecan ice cream. It results in a sweet and nutty flavored milkshake. I recommend using a coffee flavor that you like.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream- If you don't have or don't like Butter Cream Ice Cream, use an ice cream flavor that you like! Vanilla Bean, Coffee and Salted Caramel Ice Creams are all flavors that taste delicious when combined with ice cream.
- Cold Brew Coffee- if you don't have cold brew coffee on hand, you could use regularly brewed coffee. Be sure to cool the coffee in the refrigerator before adding to the blender so that it will not melt your ice cream!
- Almond Milk- use whatever milk you have on hand. Keep in mind, the higher the fat content of the milk, the creamier the milkshake will be! You could also mix the milk with your favorite coffee creamer.
- Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans- this ingredient is optional because it is used for topping. It does give the coffee milkshake a little pizzazz. You can make your own at home or purchase them at specialty retailers like Cabelas or Harry & David's. Regular pecans would work here as well!
- Whipped Cream- this ingredient is also optional as it is used for a topping. If you are eating a milkshake, go ahead and add the whipped cream on top to make it really special!
- Maple Syrup- another fun topping! While not necessary, the maple syrup highlights the pecan taste in the ice cream and the coffee.
How to make a Coffee Milkshake
- Start with cold brew coffee or regular coffee that has been brewed and refrigerated.
- Add coffee, milk and ice cream to blender.
- Blend until ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Pour into a tall, chilled glass.
- Top with whipped cream, maple syrup and cinnamon sugar pecans.
- Be sure to make your cold brew coffee ahead of time! If using regularly brewed coffee, give the coffee time to cool down in the refrigerator before adding to the blender.
- Start with slightly softened ice cream. When ice cream is not frozen solid, it combines easier in a milkshake giving the milkshake a creamy consistency.
- Choose a coffee flavor that you like! The coffee flavor comes through in this milkshake so you want to like the coffee that you are drinking!
Coffee Milkshake Add-Ins
The ingredients that you could add to this milkshake are endless. Here are some fun ideas:
- Protein powder: vanilla protein powder would pair well with the butter pecan ice cream and keep you full all morning.
- Peanut Butter
- Make it an alcoholic milkshake! Try adding rum or whiskey for a fun, boozy milkshake!
What kind of coffee do you use in this milkshake? Use a coffee that you like! It can be regular or decaf coffee. Just choose a flavor that you would regularly drink. A sweeter coffee will pair nicely with the butter pecan ice cream.
How do you make cold brew coffee? Making cold brew coffee is as simple as combining coffee grounds with room temperature water and allowing the coffee to steep. Steeping time depends on taste but it is recommended to steep overnight (around 12 hours). Here is a great tutorial to make cold brew coffee at home along with the perfect coffee to water ratio from my friend Meredith at Our Love Language is Food!
Help! I don't want my milkshake to contain caffeine! Use decaf coffee instead of regular coffee to not get a coffee high! You can make cold brew decaf coffee at home!
My milkshake is too thick. What should I do? If your milkshake is too thick, add more cold brew coffee or milk. Keep in mind, cold brew coffee has higher levels of caffeine than regular coffee. If you do not want too much caffeine, add more milk or use a decaf coffee.
My milkshake is too thin. Help! Add more ice cream to thicken your milkshake!
Can you use coffee instead of milk in a milkshake? You can absolutely use coffee instead of milk in a milkshake! Using coffee gives your milkshake a warm roasted flavor, a hit of caffeine and makes a milkshake appropriate for breakfast!
Looking for more sweet treats?! Try one of these recipes!
Margarita Cheesecake Bites with a Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
If you try this yummy Butter Pecan Coffee Milkshake (with cold brew coffee) Recipe, please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @delmarvaliciousdishes!
Butter Pecan Coffee Milkshake (with Cold Brew Coffee)
- 1 Blender
- 1 Glass Chilled
- 1 ½ cups Butter Pecan Ice Cream Slightly Softened
- ¼ cup Cold Brew Coffee
- ¼-1/2 cup Almond Milk
- Cinnamon Sugar Pecans, Whipped Cream, Maple Syrup for topping
- Add ice cream, cold brewed coffee and almond milk to a high speed blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into a tall, chilled glass and top with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar roasted pecans.
WOW!!! Drooling and had it for breakfast, and I think I will have it for dinner too. So good. So smooth and delicious.
Just love trying new recipes using cold brew! This was absolutely delicious!
Made this for my husband as a surprise dessert. He loved it!
I made this as it was super hot yesterday and I loved it. It is super easy and refreshing.
Cheryl Perry says
This is so delicious! I will be making it again 🙂
Great! I am so happy that you tried it!