Jack Daniel's Pulled BBQ Chicken is a crockpot recipe that you cannot miss! This simple chicken recipe is perfect for easy weeknight dinners and game day!
Jack Daniel's known for their Tennessee Whiskey but their barbeque sauce? Not so much. Their barbeque sauce is infused with the whiskey for a balanced taste with robust flavor. Jack Daniel's also makes pre-made pulled chicken made with their famous and original barbeque sauce. This recipe is my take on the pulled chicken using the classic bbq sauce.
This crockpot barbeque chicken is perfect for football parties, picnics and dinner tonight! If you are looking for more simple slow cooker recipes, try this Slow Cooker Classic Beef Stew (using Onion Soup Mix). This complete meal is made in a crockpot, perfect for a quick dinner. Or, try these Crockpot Chicken and Veggie Enchiladas. The chicken and vegetables are cooked together in the slow cooker and then the enchiladas are assembled and baked for just 25 minutes. Talk about getting dinner on the table quickly!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It is much less expensive to make Jack Daniels Pulled BBQ Chicken at home than it is to purchase it pre-made at the store.
- You can easily double this recipe to feed a crowd!
- This is an easy recipe! Anyone can make this impressive recipe at home!
- The leftovers are versatile to use. Make a tray of sliders or use the chicken to make quesadillas. The options are endless!
Here are the ingredients required to make Jack Daniel's Pulled BBQ Chicken:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs are seasoned and smothered with the classic barbeque sauce.
- Chicken Broth is used to keep the chicken moist while cooking in the crockpot.
- Salt, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper are used to season the chicken for a natural flavor.
- The chicken cooks with sliced onion and green bell pepper for extra flavor.
- The most important ingredient is the Jack Daniels' Original BBQ Sauce. The sauce makes the recipe!
See recipe card for full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Instead of the Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce, use your favorite BBQ sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's Sauces are my favorite!
- Add extra bell pepper slices to sneak some veggies into this pulled chicken.
- For more spice, add some cayenne pepper to the seasoning.
- Cutting Board and Sharp Knife
- Measuring Cup
- Crock Pot
- Stand Mixer to shred the chicken. Alternatively, you can shred the chicken using two forks.
How To Make Jack Daniel's Pulled BBQ Chicken
Step 1: Season both sides of the chicken with salt, paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
Step 2: Spread Jack Daniels Sauce on both sides of the chicken.
Step 3: Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the crockpot and nestle the chicken breasts into the crockpot.
Step 4: Place the sliced onions and green bell peppers around the chicken.
Step 5: Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Step 6: Shred chicken and mix with leftover bbq sauce. Enjoy!
- Have extra barbeque sauce on hand for serving the pulled chicken.
- If your chicken breast are large, slice them in half. Generally speaking, I like the chicken breasts to be less than ½ inch when cooking.
- Keep a close eye on the crockpot while the chicken cooks. All crockpots cook differently and the cooking time can vary. Make sure that nothing is burning inside of the crockpot. Once chicken is cooked through, remove and shred. Overcooking the chicken will cause the chicken to be dry.
Store any leftover shredded chicken refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Chicken can be frozen for 3-4 months. I recommend shredding the chicken prior to freezing. You can also freeze the pulled chicken in individual portion sizes for quick lunches and meal prep!
Jack Daniel's Pulled Chickens main ingredients are: boneless skinless chicken breast with rib meat, salt, paprika, sugar, caramel color, granulated garlic, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, green bell pepper, celery seed, molasses powder, black pepper and BBQ sauce. This information was taken from the Jack Daniels website.
Pulled chicken can be tough and dry if overcooked. Use a meat thermometer to determine when chicken is cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken breast should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make a pulled chicken sandwich, add a little hot sauce, add some fiesta cheese and make a chicken taco or quesadilla or place chicken over top of a garden salad for a healthy lunch!
Reheat BBQ Pulled Chicken in the microwave stirring every few minutes or reheat in an oven-safe pan in the oven until warm. Be sure to add extra Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Sauce before serving.
Looking for other easy dinners? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with football food:
Jack Daniel's Pulled BBQ Chicken (Crockpot Recipe)
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Stand Mixer or 2 forks to shred chicken
- 1.5 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- ½ cup Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Green Onion sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Spread Jack Daniels Sauce on both sides of the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the crockpot and nestle chicken breasts into crockpot.
- Place the sliced onions and green bell peppers around the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from the crockpot and shred. Shred using two forks or place in a stand mixer and mix on low until chicken is shredded.
- Place chicken back into crockpot and stir together with remaining sauce. The crockpot bbq chicken is ready to be served!