Easy Jalapeno Popcorn with Parmesan Cheese is a simple popcorn recipe with a hint of heat! Make this stovetop popcorn recipe for game day or your next movie night!
Fall is here and that means cozy movie nights at home and watching football games with friends and family. To me, this all means that snacking season is upon us! Homemade popcorn is my go to snack. The flavor combinations you can come up with are endless and cooking popcorn on the stove is impressive to guests!
This Jalapeno Popcorn recipe was inspired by my Easy Dill Pickle Popcorn with Homemade Seasoning Recipe. This recipe brings the tangy flavor of a dill pickle into a bite sized piece of popcorn! For a zesty option, try this Easy Mexican Popcorn using Taco Seasoning. If you are looking for a sweet option, try this Sweet and Savory Caramel Apple Charcuterie Board. This simple board has all of the sweet flavors of fall apples accompanied with the best dips.
Jalapeno Popcorn Details
- Flavor: Salty and Spicy! The spice flavor is not overwhelming and the saltiness of the popcorn balances the spice. Once you have one bite, you will be back for a handful!
- Time: 10 minutes.
- Level of Difficulty: Simple! Making popcorn is simple. You just need have patience and be attentive because a few burnt kernels will ruin an entire popcorn batch.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed to make this tasty treat!
- Vegetable Oil: Substitute another neutral tasting oil such as coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Popcorn Kernels: Alternatively, you could use microwave popcorn or cooked popcorn.
- Pickled Jalapenos: Substitute fresh jalapenos for more heat.
- Parmesan Cheese: Could use another cheese powder or nutritional yeast.
- Melted Butter
How to make Jalapeno Popcorn
- Dry pickled jalapenos. Place pickled jalapenos on a paper towel lined plate. Blot jalapenos dry using a paper towel.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium pot to medium heat. Once oil is warm, cook jalapenos until they begin to brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same pot. Add popcorn kernels in an even layer and place lid on top.
- Within 2-3 minutes, kernels will begin to pop. Shake pot occasionally to move kernels around. Popcorn is done popping when there is longer than 2 seconds in between pops. Remove pot from heat.
- Add melted butter, pickled jalapenos and salt into popcorn bowl and stir to combine.
- Once popcorn has slightly cooled, stir in parmesan cheese.
Cook jalapenos in pot until golden.
Add popcorn kernels to the same pot.
Allow popcorn to pop until there is 2 seconds in between pops.
Stir in melted butter, jalapenos and salt. Once popcorn has cooled, add parmesan cheese.
There are so many ways to spice up popcorn. Try one of these simple recipe twists!
- Fry pieces of bacon with the jalapenos to make a Bacon Jalapeno Popcorn.
- Add seasonings. Add garlic powder, cumin or cayenne pepper.
- Add more heat. If you want all of the spice, add some hot sauce with the melted butter.
You don't need a popcorn maker to make homemade popcorn! Grab these kitchen staples.
- Plate lined with paper towels.
- Medium size heavy-bottomed pot
Stovetop popcorn is best served immediately. After adding butter, the popcorn can become soggy when storing. I recommend storing popcorn without any seasoning or oils. Allow the popcorn to cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container.
Do not leave your popcorn! When popping the popcorn, be vigilant. Popcorn can burn quickly and a few burnt kernels can ruin the whole batch. Stay in the kitchen while the popcorn pops and be sure to remove the popcorn from heat as soon as there is longer than 2 seconds between pops.
Jalapeno Popcorn is slightly spicy. The flavor of the jalapenos provides some heat in the popcorn. You can control the spiciness of the popcorn by adding more or less jalapenos.
Yes, you can use bagged popcorn (store bought or microwave) to make Jalapeno Popcorn. Keep in mind, pre-made or bagged popcorn can have added salt and/or butter that can alter the flavor of this Jalapeno Popcorn.
Serve Jalapeno Popcorn in a large bowl to share or in individual serving cups. I like to set up a Popcorn Bar with different types of popcorn so that everyone can enjoy this party snack!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Jalapeno Popcorn Recipe (with Parmesan Cheese)
- Plate with Paper Towels
- Medium Pot
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Popcorn Kernels
- ⅓ cup Picked Jalapenos
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Butter Melted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Place pickled jalapenos on a paper towel lined plate and pat dry.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a medium pot over medium heat. Cook jalapenos for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add popcorn kernels and place lid on pot. Allow kernels to pop, occasionally shaking the pot. Once kernels stop popping for 2 seconds in between pops, remove popcorn from heat.
- Add melted butter, jalapenos and salt. Stir to combine.
- Once popcorn has cooled to a warm temperature, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.