Watermelon Salsa with Kiwi and Mint is a healthy and easy appetizer that tastes like summer! Packed with kiwi, jalapeno, onion, cucumber and mint, this salsa is refreshing, light and full of flavor!
Looking for another delicious summer appetizer? Try this easy Black Bean and Corn Salsa or this Veggie Naan Bread Pizza with Pesto. Both recipes use the best of summer produce, come together quickly and feed a crowd!
Summer is officially here which means barbeques, pool parties and beach days are in full swing. These activities plus hot weather calls for easy, healthy recipes that can be made quickly in advance! Enter the best Watermelon Salsa!
Watermelon Salsa Details!
Level of Difficulty: Easy! All that you have to do is chop, combine and refrigerate!
Flavor: Sweet, refreshing with a little tang! If I had to use one word to describe this Watermelon Salsa, it would be REFRESHING!
Time: 20 Minutes. This salsa comes together quickly! The most tedious part is chopping all of the ingredients. I do recommend refrigerating for an hour prior to serving to allow the flavors to come together.
This Watermelon Salsa is made with lots of fresh fruit and a tangy honey lime dressing. Ingredients include:
- Chopped Watermelon
- Seedless Cucumbers
- Red Onion
- Lime Zest
- Lime Juice
How to Make Watermelon Salsa
- Start by chopping all of your ingredients into small pieces. These pieces should be about ¼ inch to allow the ingredients to easily combine to make a salsa.
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, kiwi, jalapeno, red onion and mint in a large bowl. Stir to combine ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over top of salsa ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving, drain juice in a colander.
- Be sure to chop your fruit into small pieces. You want the salsa to fit on a chip!
- Drain salsa in a colander before serving. Because the water content is so high in WATERmelon and cucumber, the salsa becomes very watery. You can drain the water prior to serving to get rid of the excess water.
- Remove melon from half of a watermelon rind and serve salsa in the watermelon half! Not only does it look cute and festive but you will have one less dish to wash!
What goes well with Watermelon Salsa? Watermelon Salsa pairs well with chips and has a great sweet and salty combination. It can also be served on top of grilled chicken or fish. I love eating the salsa with these FISH TACOS! Try it on these Cornmeal Crusted Fish Tacos!
How long will Watermelon Salsa last? Watermelon Salsa will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. However, because of the high water content in the fruit, the salsa will continue to get watery. Always drain the excess water before serving.
Can I freeze Watermelon Salsa? Yes, freezing is a great way to preserve flavor although freezing can impact the texture of the fruit. If freezing, drain all excess liquid and seal in an airtight container or freezer bag. Salsa can be frozen up to 4 months.
Is this salsa vegan? No, this salsa is not vegan. As written the salsa is gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free. If you need to make this salsa vegan, substitute the honey for agave nectar.
Help! My salsa is very watery! Watermelon has a water content of 90% water, cucumbers are 96% water and kiwis are 80% water! While this makes for a very healthy salsa, it can also get watery before you serve. Use a colander to drain the water from the salsa prior to serving.
Looking for other easy appetizer recipes?
Try one of these!
Mouthwatering Cauliflower Poppers
Easy Watermelon Caprese Skewers with Crispy Prosciutto
If you make this salsa, please comment or tag @delmarvaliciousdishes on Instagram!
Easy Watermelon Salsa with Kiwi and Mint
- Sharp Knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Bowl
- ½ Seedless Watermelon Chopped
- 3 Mini Seedless Cucumbers Chopped
- 4 Kiwis Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Seeds removed and chopped
- ½ Red Onion Chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ cup Mint Leaves Chopped
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Add Watermelon, Kiwi, Cucumber, Jalapeno, Red Onion and Mint to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, lime zest, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over top of fruit and gently stir to mix through.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
This watermelon salsa was super refreshing and so easy to prepare! Will make this again
Im so happy you liked it!
Finally the watermelon season is arrive and I could try out this recipe. It was incredibly good and refreshing. Can't wait to make it again!
I love watermelon season! Happy you enjoyed the recipe!
Easy and delicious recipe. Perfect summer salsa.
Exactly what we need in the summer!
I served it the same way you did in the picture, everyone loved it.
I am so happy to hear that! Happy Summer 🙂