Iced Pink Latte Recipe (using Beetroot Powder) is a healthy, caffeinated drink sweetened with a homemade Peach Simple Syrup! Change up your morning coffee routine and try one of these superfood lattes!
Summer is in full swing and iced lattes seem to be the only thing that anyone orders at a coffee shop. Switch things up and try a Pink Latte at home! The gorgeous color and the healthy ingredients will make this latte your new favorite drink.
Need a breakfast dish to pair with this latte? Try this Peach Baked Oatmeal (without bananas) for a perfect summer breakfast! If you want another fun and colorful iced latte, try this Iced Matcha Chai Latte!
Pink Latte Details
Flavor: This Pink Latte tastes sweet! Although beets have a natural sweetness, the earthiness of the vegetable can take away from the sweetness. This is why I pair the beet flavor with a homemade peach simple syrup! You can still taste the beets in this latte but they lose their earthiness and grittiness when paired with peach.
Time: 5 minutes! Just be sure to have your espresso and Peach Simple Syrup prepared ahead of time.
Level of Difficulty: Simple!
Pink Latte Ingredients
Make a Pink Latte at home with just 4 simple ingredients!
- Beetroot Powder: This powder gives the latte the bright pink colors as well as the nutritional boost! Find this powder at your local health food store or purchase online. I use Kale Naturals Beetroot Powder. Buy it here!
- Peach Simple Syrup: The sweet taste of this simple syrup balances out the sharp and earthy taste of beets. I will teach you how to make this simple syrup!
- Espresso: If you don't have an espresso machine, don't worry! You can make this latte using cold brew coffee or strongly brewed coffee.
- Milk: Choose your favorite milk! Almond milk, coconut milk and plain oat milk are all delicious in this Pink Latte!
Let's Get Cookin'!
1. Begin by brewing espresso. Allow time for espresso to cool.
2. Prepare Peach Simple Syrup. This can be done ahead of time. Add diced peaches, sugar, water and cinnamon sticks to a pot over medium heat. Turn heat to medium high. Stir together until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute. Turn heat off and let the syrup sit and thicken for about 20 minutes. Let syrup come to room temperature before using.
3. Make latte. Add milk and beetroot powder to a liquid measuring cup or large cup. Using a whisk, stir vigorously until all of the powder is dissolved in milk. Pour half of the milk into a glass with ice. Add Peach Simple Syrup to beet mixture and stir to combine. Using a milk frother, froth remaining milk for about 20 seconds until milk is foamy. Pour frothed milk over top of beet mixture. Top with espresso.
As written, this Beet Powder Latte is vegan. If trying to follow a vegan lifestyle, remember to use a plant-based milk. Here are some simple substitutions for the latte ingredients:
- Beetroot Powder: use fresh beetroot juice mixed with milk in place of beetroot powder.
- Peach Simple Syrup: use regular simple syrup, vanilla extract or maple syrup to give the latte a touch of sweetener.
- Milk: use your choice of milk! It can be dairy or non-dairy.
- Espresso: use cold brew coffee or strongly brewed coffee. Or, mix things add up and add an extra shot of espresso!
- Large Mixing Cup: I prefer to use this because I find that I need a large base to whisk the beetroot powder with the milk. A cup with a large base would also work.
- Handheld Frother
- Large Glass
This Pink Latte is best consumed immediately after making. I do not recommend saving the latte for later. However, you can prepare the espresso and Peach Simple Syrup ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to drink.
Vigorously whisk the beetroot powder with the milk. All of the powder should be fully dissolved. It is not a pleasant taste when there is a chunk of beetroot powder in a gorgeous latte.
Beetroot powder is dehydrated beets that have been grinded down into a concentrated powder form. One teaspoon of beetroot powder is the nutritional equivalent to eating one beet!
Beets are a nutritional powerhouse! Consuming beets increases blood flow and oxygen to the body. In turn, this boosts physical performance and stamina. Beets help athletes perform better for a longer period of time. Additionally, beets fight inflammation, contain high fiber and potassium (more than a banana) and supports brain health. Beets are a low calorie, nutritionally dense vegetable.
Yes, a Pink Latte is good for you! Beetroot powder has many health benefits such as increased athletic performance, boosting your immune system and anti-inflammatory properties.
Yes, this latte can be made into a hot, classic latte! Simply, warm the milk on the stove over medium heat or microwave the milk to your desired temperature. Then, whisk the beetroot powder into warm milk. Combine the remaining ingredients and enjoy!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite breakfast dishes to serve with lattes:
Iced Pink Latte Recipe (using Beetroot Powder)
- Large Liquid Mixing Cup
- Handheld Frother
- Tall Glass for serving
- ½ teaspoon Beetroot Powder
- 2 tablespoon Peach Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Milk of Choice
- 2 oz Espresso
Peach Simple Syrup
- 1 Peach Diced
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Add milk and beetroot powder to a large mixing cup. Whisk the beetroot powder into the milk and fully dissolved. Pour half of the milk into a glass and mix in Peach Simple Syrup. Add ice to the glass.
- Using a handheld frother, froth remaining milk. Pour frothed milk over top into glass.
- Top milk with espresso. Enjoy!
Peach Simple Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a pot over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Allow syrup to sit and thicken for 20-30 minutes.
- Once syrup has come to room temperature, store refrigerated in an airtight container.