Ricotta Quiche is a light breakfast or lunch packed with protein and veggies! This meal is made easy using a premade pie crust!
Looking for another simple and quick breakfast? Try this 5 Ingredient Watermelon Banana Smoothie. This recipe uses pantry staples to create a light and fresh on-the-go breakfast! Or, try this Peach Baked Oatmeal (Without Bananas). You can prepare it ahead of time and reheat all week!
In my opinion, the best thing to come out of Covid has been grocery store pick-up and delivery. I am not sure if this was a thing before Covid or not, but I used it for the first time when we had Covid and it has been the biggest timesaver. A not good thing about ordering groceries online? When you accidentally order things that you have no use for. In this case, my accidental order was a lot of ricotta cheese....
Quiche is a go to meal for my family. I make it all the time because I can sneak vegetables in for my toddler and now that my little guy is eating solid foods, quiche is soft and perfect for him. I can also make it ahead of time and it will reheat well. All in all, it's a win in our house.
My accidental ricotta order has led to the creamiest quiche I have ever made!
What's in Ricotta Quiche?
Well, ricotta cheese is the star ingredient. I used a lot of spinach in this quiche. Spinach is a superfood that I cannot get enough of. The recipe calls for 2 cups of spinach. This will seem like a lot when you are sautéing the spinach but it will cook down to less than a cup.
I also use mushrooms. The mushrooms provide an extra punch of protein and add to the quiches soft texture.
To keep with the creaminess, I used heavy cream.
Finally, the basic quiche ingredients used were eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried dill and a premade pie crust. It is important to bring your pie crust to room temperature before placing it in the pie dish. This will prevent the crust from cracking.
How to make a Ricotta Quiche!
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pie pan with baking spray. Place pie crust in pie dish and set aside.
Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and add EVOO. Once pan is hot, add shallots and mushrooms. Cook until soft about 3 minutes.
Add spinach to sauté pan. Toss spinach to combine with other ingredients. As you toss the spinach, it will begin to wilt and cook down.
When spinach is reduced remove pan from stove. Drain any excess water from the pan.
Whisk eggs and heavy cream together in a large bowl. Add ricotta cheese and stir to combine. Whisk in salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried dill.
Add vegetables to the liquid mixture and stir to combine.
Pour all ingredients into pie crust.
At this point, you can bake the quiche or you can put in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. The quiche will be done when the center is set.
Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Ricotta Quiche Alternative Ingredients
Please note, these ingredients have not been tested! These are my suggestions if you do not have the required ingredients on hand.
- Premade Pie Crust -----> Homemade Pie Crust. Here is a Pie Crust recipe from Half Baked Harvest that sound delicious!
- Shallot -----> Sliced Red or White Onion (about ¼ cup)
- Mushrooms -----> Eliminate or use Sliced Peppers
- Spinach -----> Kale
- Garlic Powder and Dried Dill -----> Swap for your favorite seasoning combinations
- Eggs -----> Egg Whites or Egg Substitute
- Heavy Cream -----> Half and Half or Whole Milk
- Ricotta Cheese -----> Use 1-2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese
Need another Brunch Idea?!
Butternut Squash & Arugula Salad
If you try this Ricotta Quiche, be sure to leave a comment and tag @delmarvaliciousdishes!
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 Shallot- Chopped
- 2 cup Sliced Mushrooms- Chopped
- 2 cup Fresh Spinach
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dill
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Premade Pie Crust (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie dish with baking spray. Place premade pie crust into pie dish.
- Heat EVOO in a large pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add shallot and mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes until shallots and mushrooms are soft.
- Add spinach. Stir spinach until reduced and wilted.
- To a large bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream and ricotta. Stir in garlic powder, salt, pepper and dill.
- Add vegetables to bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour contents into pie crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until center of quiche is set. Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.